Download Coach Code of Conduct - pdf
The following standards are established by the PYSC and govern the behavior of all PYSC Coaches before, during and after soccer club events:
1. I will place the emotional and physical well being of my players ahead of a personal desire to win.
2. I will provide a safe playing environment for my players.
3. I promise to review and practice basic first-aid principles needed to treat injuries to my players.
4. I will strive to keep abreast of current learning techniques and knowledge of the game. I will listen and learn from my players and other coaches.
5. I will do my best to organize practices that are fun and challenging to my players.
6. I will lead by example in demonstrating fair play and sportsmanship to all my players.
7. I will maintain control of my emotions and I will avoid actions, language and/or gestures that may be interpreted as hostile or humiliating.
8. I will take appropriate steps to minimize scoring in runaway games.
9. I will provide a soccer environment for my players free of drugs, tobacco and alcohol, and I will refrain from their use at all practices and games.
10. I will be knowledgeable of the laws of the game, and I will teach them to my players.
11. I will treat parents, players, fans, other coaches and officials with respect regardless of race, sex, religion, or ability, and I will expect to be treated accordingly.
12. I will ensure that the fans of my team exhibit sportsmanship and maturity at all times and assist league and game officials in maintaining control of the spectator sidelines.
13. I will refrain from discussing any issues about a game with the referee or linesman at any time. This includes a call or lack of a call, before, during or after a game, and includes at the field or away from it. If I have an issue I agree to abide by the league 24 hour rule.
14. I will remember that as a Caoch, I represent the Pulaski Youth Soccer Club and the community. I understand poor behavior during practices, games, or tournaments may result in disciplinary actions, including game suspensions. If this happens repeatedly, it will result in expulsion from the Club.