Parent Code of Conduct
Download Parent Code of Conduct - pdf
The following standards are established by the PYSC and govern the behavior of all PYSC Parents, before, during and after soccer club events:
1. As a Second Goal Parent I will let players and coaches take responsibility for the first goal of winning. I will relentlessly focus on the second, more important goal of using sports to teach life lessons to my child and other youth.
2. I will use positive encouragement to fill the Emotional Tanks of my children, their teammates, and coaches. I understand that people do their best with full Emotional Tanks.
3. I will reinforce the ELM Tree of Mastery with my child. (E for Effort, L for Learning, M for bouncing back from Mistakes) because I understand it will help my child be successful in sport and in life.
4. I will set an example for my child by Honoring the Game and will encourage him/her to remember their ROOTS of respecting: Rules, Opponents, Officials, Teammates, and Self.
5. I will use a self-control routine to avoid losing my composure when things go wrong. I will take a deep breath, turn away from the game to refocus, count backwards from 100 or use self-talk.
6. I will engage in No-Directions Cheering. I will limit my comments during the game to encouraging my child and other players (from both teams)
7. I will refrain from making negative comments about my child’s coach in my child’s presence. I understand that this will help to avoid planting negative seeds in my child’s head that can negatively influence my child’s motivation and overall experience.
8. I will demand a soccer environment for my child free of drugs, tobacco and alcohol, and will refrain from their use at all practices and games.
9. If my child develops a behavior-related problem that repeatedly disrupts practices and/or games, I promise to work with my child’s coach to resolve that problem.
10. I will not sit or stand on the coaches’ and players’ sideline during a match, unless invited by the coach.
11. I will support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from PYSC events.
12. I will demand a soccer environment for my child free of drugs, tobacco and alcohol, and will refrain from their use at all practices and games.
13. I will encourage fair play and good sportsmanship by treating coaches, players, and officials with respect, regardless of race, sex, or ability.
14. I will refrain from discussing any issues about a game with the referee or linesman at any time. This includes a call or lack of a call, before, during or after a game, and includes at the field or away from it. If I have an issue, I agree to abide by the league 24 hour rule.
15. I will remember that as a fan, I represent the Pulaski Youth Soccer Club and the community. I understand poor behavior during practices, games, or tournaments may result in expulsion from the soccer complex. (I must wait inside or next to my car in the parking area for my son or daughter). If this happens repeatedly, it will result in expulsion from the Club.